PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A 'Budgie' for Scotland
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2003, 17:58
grow45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RileyDove. Is it really the case that they are going to clear Hangar IV of everything but Concorde so that it can sit in splendid isolation while everything else is stuck in one of the storage Hangars until they get funding and planning/listed building consent and permission to build on the site of a Scheduled Ancient Monument for a new Superhangar which could take ten years.

I Have Control. You are being very modest as the Museum really came on leaps and bounds in the years when (excuse the pun) you were in control.

I should also perhaps declare an interest and say that I worked at EF for a short while in the early eighties (long before your time) and was extremely impressed with what you subsequently achieved with the limited funds available to you. When I was there big plans were starting to be drawn up for expansion and I was really pleased to see how things turned out when I went back for the PFA Fly-In this year. (Having watched the Vulcan and Comet land in the early eighties it was a great thrill to be able to follow suit - albeit in a PA28.)

Finally for anybody contemplating visiting EF it is definately worth a visit - Concorde or not - so dont be put off by the apparent randomness or parochially Scottish nature of the collection. There is something there for everybody.