PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321 Neo: CAT C or Cat D?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2021, 03:55
BoeingDriver99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Well the workload is higher because for a flap 3 landing, you have to make the selection in the fms, and also on the gpws panel. I get tired just thinking about it."

"For airlines whose homebase is 2400 m, is it a smart choice to have pilots fiddle with the flap selection all the time or just unnecessary workload?"

It always fascinates me that individuals who self-identify as not having the spare capacity to perform tasks that others consider normal then poo-poo other pilot's choices using such emotive language.

Flap 3 or Flap Full is perfectly normal and has an equivalent in the 737 - Flap 30 or Flap 40. Not having the confidence in your own ability to utilise various aspects of the aircraft shouldn't mean that you reject the use of that aspect for others.

A similar example; if the crosswind limit for the aircraft is 38 knots and you don't personally feel comfortable or capable of landing safely at 38 knots across; should no pilot attempt 38 knot crosswinds? Does that make landing in a crosswind of 38 knots unsafe? Because of how one feels individually? I think not.