PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stranded pilot refused fuel in Antarctica
Old 13th Dec 2003, 16:33
Vfrpilotpb

Senis Semper Fidelis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick,

I feel your comments whilst being uttered by oneof the wisest and most experienced persons on the Rotorhead site, are indeed a little harsh and are putting you into the same catagory as could be identified as being politically correct.

This man is obviously a skilled pilot, he has travelled an immense distance which took more than a full days tavel, most people on the Rotorheads forum fly for three or four hour and are out of gas, this man must have filed a flight plan somewhere,and whatever any one may say or write he navigated the Southern Oceans and covered a huge amount of white of white flying, my very rough calcs indicate he was flying at about 140mph (divide time into miles) so the aircraft cannot be likened to a childs kite, I was always brought up and educated to believe in man spirit of adventure, I could sink into list of humans both men and women who have gone beyond the horizon and Lo what do they see, another horizon still which they also go beyond.

Without that sort of spirit, our world would have been a much different place now.

If you could only go when you had(in your words) "A Coastie" to hold your hand, our world would be very small indeed if it wasn't for people with such a SPRIT OF ADVENTURE.!

Sadly some posters on this thread just love to jump into the safe comfort of joining your gang, some write of his PP re the fuel, well 26 hours means that he did carry a lot of fuel, also the wind will get stronger OR weaker within that time window.

So come on Fellas, give the guy a break give him the fuel and send him home, or are you going to be scuppered by a litte old lady from Great Britain, who, whilst in her own Horizon bustin adventure, is prepared to sell or give this man the fuel.

One name to all of you, who is a serial failure at adventure, and some business, but yet all of you would stand with your tongues hanging out just to stand with this guy ,

RICHARD BRANSON Epic Failure a most of his adventures, always needs a COASTIE