PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2021, 17:45
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Gentlemen, of course we all know we are uncertain times. In fact we are in times of which no one alive, or dead for that matter, has has experienced such a time, and so we have many forecasts of what the future holds for us and airlines, of which we are all indebted. So let's give some slack to opinions being expressed.

I am pretty well relaxed that many will make it through these very trying times. As well as many here do not wish to paint a black future for us and our industry. It's difficult enough to keep a level head and seeing many negative posts doesn't help. No real industry person wishes another airline have difficulties but it's a fact that many are suffering. Let's not pick on Jet2 as an example for crowing from competitor airlines and just hope that we get some warmth and comfort from governments, mind you I don't see much of it.

One cannot level criticism at Jet2 as they move their goalposts, as they will continue to adjust to fluctuations in governments advice and travel restrictions. They are doing what any responsibile company would do. That's not to say that they have it right, but who has? There are limits to forecasts and as I stated we have never been in such a fluid moving marketplace.

I seriously hope that we san come out of these times with jobs for all aviators as they are my kind of people and feel privileged to be a airline pilot.

Good luck to all.