PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opinions vary.
Thread: Opinions vary.
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2021, 07:52
TPE Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot

seven ATPLs I hold.

I have flown out of JFK and Newark, as a 747 Captain and First Officer.

I have also encountered flocks of birds, ducks, geese.

The difference is, I didn't fly through them. I either ducked under or climbed over the top of them

There is information on the depth of a flock of geese, studies done in Canada. Not hard to dive under or climb over, IF you got your head on a swivel.
Flying you Flight Sim out of JFK doesn't count champ.
The fact you make such a claim shows you have never flown a heavy jet in real life, probably not even a plane actually. Just out of interest, how do you simulate between being a Captain and F/O? Do you just move you chair to the left or right 1 or 2 feet of your computer screen? Do you change your epulets as well? Do you get your mum or sister( or even your Dad in these new woke times) to bring you coffee and pretend she is a stewardess? (be aware, anything other than just coffee is probably illegal in ALL 7 ATPL juristictions you hold a licence in). Which ATPL to do operate on? How does the regulator conduct ramp checks? Do you keep your bedroom door closed and locked in accordance with security regulations? If so, how does your mum open the door to bring your coffee? When you go to the bathroom, do you just pause the game or leave it on auto pilot and hope nothing goes wrong?
Is your real name PilotAmeriah?

So many questions, can you please share your expertise and knowledge for us all to learn.