PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What flying school do you recommend for full-time ATPL groundschool?
Old 13th Dec 2003, 06:52
Spike001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all, for the input and recommendations.

I've started to weigh everything up here, and I personally believe the best option for me at the present is to do my ATPL at Bournemouth.

Why am I in this frame of mind, well firstly the course at Oxford is quite expensive secondly accommodation costs will be that bit more because of being around Oxford city.

Being careful in limiting the expenditure on a ATPL course will leave me with good amount left over, allowing me to put it towards another course e.g. CPL, instead of having mounting debt and decreasing the likely hood of HSBC giving me my vital loan.

Structuring the career is also an important one I feel, by doing a selection of courses at a time, then working to pay that debt off, and then obtaining another loan shows a better sense of planning, managing costs and security - instead of diving straight into the deep end asking for that £30k-40k loan (you never know I may still get it, but a bit unlikely).

I'll be contacting BCFT shortly with a few more queries I have lined up, like software animation programs to go along with the course. I guess even if a college doesn't provide any animation programs, I'm sure I could buy one at Transair or something before starting the course.

After reading on these forums about the study material at BCFT hasn't been the best of the best recently, I'm eager to find out from them personally what changes they've made.

Still much more research to do and planning to do before I approach HSBC, but getting there

Cheers