PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2021, 06:38
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
dirk85

There is a recording, I had a friend send it to me together with the transcript. The wild guess is that company have come down on all base management and demoted them because of the recording and that they don't know who leaked it. So they probably just decided to chop everyone, to continue spread their "fear games"

The recording is in my opinion extremely damaging, also with regards to safety, where they mention getting rid of "weak Captains" - this coming from top management themselves. Anyone who has worked there and have some knowledge of aviation, does know that this does not come as a big surprise. It also shows they have put expansion ahead of safety. I would want to believe that a company's minimum standard of Captains should not contain the words "weak"

I have heard these words spoken by various base Captains at Wizz before, where they complained how can they watch out for "weak" Captains, because they never fly with these Captains. Despite this was the warning some of the base Captains did get from upper management. Keep an eye on X, Y and Z, because they believe they are "weak Captains"

I believe the lawyers will have field day with this recording and the unfair dismissal cases, this will end up costing Wizz a few millions for sure.

And they have now wielded the sword on some very good base Captains, clearly now looking to implement a much more authoritarian structure within the company. What ever was spoken on that recording, would have been approved and instructed by the Upper management, however they discovered that they did not have 100% loyalty, so the axe has fallen for every single base Captain in the company, with one exception, and that is the UK one.

Maybe they worry that the UK laws are not as fragile as those in some of those corrupt Eastern European countries. I mean Wizz have a long history of corruption.