PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft legislation and applicable law
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2021, 11:42
mustafagander

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
selfin,
That puts me in mind of a situation I was involved in in the early 1980s when I was FEO.
It seems that we had a bad guy on board wanted by the Oz Commonwealth. The Commonwealth Police with a high powered lawyer came up the the flight deck just prior to start to tell us about their problem. My first reaction was, what problem? We're still parked here in Oz, just cuff him and off you go. The lawyer said that no, not so simple coz he has legally departed from Oz, we're not sure of our powers and we want this pinch to be totally legitimate.
They then assured our Cpt that it is unarguable that he has assumed command when all doors are closed and he has issued his first lawful command. They provided a script which we, the crew, followed.
The boss said "Before Start Checklist" which we ran and completed than he said, to me, "Start 4". When I selected ground start and had a positive rotation he then said "Discontinue the start" which I did. Next he ordered the Comm Police to remove pax (name) form the aircraft which they proceeded to do after assuring us that we were fireproof and this guy had no legitimate complaint about his arrest and me to instruct the FSD to reopen door 1L. The boss filed a company report for the courts.
Certainly something different that day as we headed for SIN.