PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-104 1 Gnat 0
Thread: F-104 1 Gnat 0
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2021, 16:16
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
I'll tell you a fish story, winter Olympics in Calgary, went to do an engine change on a Ten at Gander outside!
Anyway I was in some hotel bar listening some of the worst music known to man so I pooters off for a leak... standing there, this huge goliath of a man with a beard to match appears beside me, looks down and says are you British? I reply yes.. Ahh he says, in that funny language they speak, you wouldn't be interested in being my Agent in the UK for my fish would you.....
Now I must admit that's a first... but hey ho. what? I replied...he continues, I will send my catch through you and you will just need to sign the Customs paperwork etc for me and take a cut...
Thinking i need to get out of this madhouse I finish, decline his offer and leave.. relating it to the guys back at our hotel one of them goes ashen faced and asks did I get details, no I replied, he then tells me I just turned down a potential fortune and he had been looking for / trying to get such a deal for years. I was offered it on the first night lol.

Sorry thread drift.