PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medicals
Thread: Medicals
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2021, 15:58
GoingAroundAgain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I registered for a CAA portal account - sent required id in form. No acknowledgement that account application has been accepted but about a week later I can log in and 'Medical' is one of the services I can apparently use. Go into 'Medical' and I am looking to renew an LAPL medical. Clear as mud. There appears to be more than one LAPL form and other options for self declaration. Anyhow, I have completed the form (several crashes) and now I have no idea what happens next. It is sitting there 'to be approved' along with a couple of other failed forms 'to be approved'.

There is no information on the process from this point and I have read all their documentation. I can print of the content for information purposes, but no hint how I get it authorised by my Doctor. Do they approve the form and then give me a link to give to my GP? Or after they have eyeballed it a certificate to print off to take to my GP to sign?

This whole medical thing is now just a nightmare of complexity. I have an NPPL(A) as well as the LAPL, but as far as I know that still won't work for EASA certified aircraft - though mine is on a permanent EASA PtF which is a bit different. I can't even find out if I could just flip back to the NPPL(A) and self certify.

Damn.Should have made a note about stress levels on my application........