PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 9 Under Investigation MAX Promo
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2021, 12:31
dr dre

Received 364 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by ozbiggles
Boeing should be held accountable for a long time yet, Doesn’t matter a rats if they have fixed it. If they were your kids you’d feel the same I suspect.
Of course there should be accountability for what happened in the past. But my beef with that program was they continually kept fearmongering about an aircraft that essentially doesn't exist anymore. An unsuspecting viewer would come away with the impression that those problems haven't been addressed as the program barely spent any time discussing it. They were more interested in pushing the views of two unqualified emotional parents, sad as it is, than qualified engineers and pilots on the program. With all due respect how could an unqualified parent give their analysis of the modification done to the MAX? Of course they will be against it. It would have been good to ask that engineer to at least spend a minute or two going through the redesigned system to allay any fears.

Whoops, that would mean bringing educated rational discussion to a format that exists only to attract emotional and fearful viewers.

And it's already started. Comments on social media after that episode slamming Virgin for buying "that deadly aeroplane", "I'll never fly with them again..."

Last edited by dr dre; 5th Apr 2021 at 12:46.