PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channel 9 Under Investigation MAX Promo
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2021, 09:12
Ollie Onion

Received 222 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by SRM
I like many have flown and certified for maintenance on large passenger aircraft, L188A ,B727, B767, B767 and all 737 series including the Max.
All these aircraft over the years have had problems, the L118A for instance 3 fatal accidents due whirl mode the aircraft was modified and went to be a very successful airliner and military aircraft with many flying today.
My point is the MAX issue has been resolved,I have personally released 3 aircraft back into service without a defect.
Unqualified people making statements about an aircraft that the have never flown as a pilot or certified as an LAME should keep there opinions to themselves and let aviation professionals look after the MAX.

like I say, the 737 Max may now be a perfectly good aircraft. The real story hear is the usual tale of various staff members throughout Boing and the FAA who voiced concerns throughout the certification and design process who were ignored and silenced in the interest of commercial expediency. The coverup was complete when Boing elected to not put any technical information in the manuals about this system despite the concerns voiced stating that it could be potentially catastrophic if MCAS malfunctioned and wasn’t dealt with appropriately. Boeing have now done what they should have done originally, for the lives lost Boeing should take responsibility, the Max will more than likely go on to be very successful but it’s name is forever tarnished and the media will always dramatise things. To be honest I won’t be flying on one for a few years, I just don’t trust Boeing and the FAA, there was a lot of commercial pressure to get this aircraft back in the air, it may prove to be a very successful aircraft but I for one will not be putting my family on one for a couple of years. That is the beauty of choice.