PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reciprocal agreement with the EU on the transfer of UK CAA Flight Crew Licences.
Old 2nd Apr 2021, 14:16
Field Required

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TURIN

As rudestuff points out it is an EU/EASA decision not to recognise or validate pre-Brexit EASA training / credentials.

EASA cant oversee anything the UK does from 1st Jan onwards, thats accepted, but what I struggle to understand is why/how EASA doesn’t recognise training or UK issued licences / medicals pre 31/12/20 as meeting EASA standards/regulations for the purpose of gaining a new licence in a member state.
All of my training documents from course completion through to skills tests and PC checks state clearly that said course/test was conducted and met EU regulation No 1178/2011 as amended and issued in accordance with Part FCL.

So you have a situation whereby (Pre-Brexit) individuals completed an EASA course, in an EASA country, in an EASA aircraft, with an EASA examiner, meeting all EU standards and regulations, completed all EASA paperwork but can’t now apply for a new EASA licence.

My EASA course completion form literally states:

[QUOTE]12. Declaration
-I certify that I have examined the applicants flying log and the entries in them meet in full the flying experience requirements for the grant of the licence and/or rating in accordance with Part-FCL.
-I certify that the applicant has met the pre-requisite requirements in accordance with Part-FCL prior to commencing a course of training and has satisfactorily completed a course of training and has passed a skill test in accordance with Part-FCL for the issue of the licence and/or rating detailed above.
-I certify that the applicant has satisfactorily passed all of the required theoretical examinations, radiotelephony practical test and language proficiency requirements for the grant of the licence as outlined in section 10.

FCL.015 Application and issue, revalidation and renewal of licences, ratings and certificates

a)

An application for the issue, revalidation or renewal of pilot licences and associated ratings and certificates as well as any amendment thereto shall be submitted to the competent authority in a form and manner established by that authority. The application shall be accompanied by evidence that applicants comply with the requirements for the issue, revalidation or renewal of the licence or certificate as well as associated ratings or endorsements established in this Annex (Part-FCL) and in Annex IV (Part-MED).

(e)

The holder of a licence that has been issued in accordance with this Annex (Part-FCL) may apply to the competent authority designated by another Member State for a change of competent authority relating to all licences held, as specified in paragraph (d).

(f)

For the issue of a licence, rating or certificate the applicant shall apply not later than 6 months after having succeeded at the skill test or assessment of competence.
If a SOLI was possible how can a new licence issue not be possible? Does an assessment of competence pertain only to instructor and/or examiner privileges?

Last edited by Field Required; 2nd Apr 2021 at 18:51.