PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia caught stealing NATO and EU secrets in Bulgaria
Old 1st Apr 2021, 19:39
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by racedo
Russia has only ever acted against Ukraine who were stealing gas and not paying for it.

Strange nobody cares much about the Middle east powers actions and policies weven when they haev openly held the west hostage on energy supplies. Oh wait they chuck millions into the coffers of politcal parties via lobbying, sponsor terrorism but lets overlook that because of the money.
Hiya racedo! Good to chat! At the risk of continuing this Thread Drift, we have double standards are everywhere! No-one could argue that.

Re the "they {Middle East} chuck millions into the coffers of politcal parties via lobbying" lets take D Trump. His bacon was saved financially decades ago through Russian money thru what was initially an accident! The Kremlin could not believe it's luck when DT "came good" given they'd never even set out to engineer that. Fate played right into their hands! True, he was rather like a fire cracker - as likely to burn his friends as his enemies!!! Russian money appears everywhere - as do $ and £ and Yuan! To name but a few.

"..... sponsor terrorism but lets overlook that because of the money."? Almost! Try "oil" - and defence contracts!!!!!!!! And maybe they help stabilise the Yemen as they are "on site". Absolutely! If Mugabe had sat on oil, the world would not have walked away and abandoned the majority of Zimbabweans as they did. But to make Putin out as a Mother Theresa is slightly overlooking a few things. Again, in many ways, I believe Putin is an "accident of fate" too. I wonder if he ever had aspirations/the slightest idea he'd end up where he is when he was in the KGB? But I bet he's great at taking advantage of where he is at any given time - like all Politicians!

The real discussion point is, in this world of double-standards and back-stabbing, who do you distrust slightly less? Mmmm! Answers on a postcard.......????!!!