PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 72 Sqn trouble
Thread: 72 Sqn trouble
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2021, 21:35
beardy

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
It has been clear for quite some time that this contract will not deliver. Is not Ascent simply fulfilling its CONTRACTUAL obligations? I believe that the root cause of this debacle is with those who proposed and drew up the shambles of a contract and those who approved it, signed it off and then awarded it to the cheapest bidder.

Now we are here, what are the options? Without radical action, very few I imagine. Hence the frustration which will ripple down the pipeline for years. Because of the delays in the system the age of first tourists is increasing all the time, how many promotees will have had more than 2 tours? Senior officers will have had less and less front line experience compared to their predecessors. The age profile of each rank will increase. Which intake years will be able to provide a future CAS who has had the breadth and depth of experience required to be an effective leader of the RAF? I would imagine none of the last 5 years and none of the next 5 of the aircrew cadre.