PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ladies in the sky
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2021, 00:03
Roj approved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redsnail
You've highlighted an issue here that is a societal one too. ........ Imagine if the airline had an affordable creche that was not time restricted and available to all working parents?
Many years ago I was in Helsinki doing a rating, chatting to the SIM Training co ordinator about all things, we got onto this. From my memory of the conversation, In Finland, a company of more than 100 employees is required by law to have on premises child care open for the hours the company operates. (I seem to remember her saying it was free, but it was 2007 so I can't be sure.)

So, Finnair has 24 hour, company supplied child care available to every employee. Why is the rest of the "developed" world not doing this?

There were other aspects of "the having family process" that where way ahead of any other country, fully paid maternity leave etc. What a fantastic way to encourage ALL parents to get back to work after having kids. It would certainly reduce the "Get Home Itis" we all feel when running late for School/Childcare Pick up.

P.S. IMHO there are 3 types of pilots, The Good, The Bad and everyone else. GENDER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

P.P.S. I've also been on flights were the desire to NOT get home and pick up the kids has been the priority! ;-)

Last edited by Roj approved; 31st Mar 2021 at 00:07. Reason: added funny stuff