PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2021, 05:40
dr dre

Received 361 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by Buttscratcher
I'm getting a bit tired of these knee-jerk Lockdowns.
Crippling a city again because some infected returnee in a hotel gave it to a guard who went free-range.
I'd like to know how these 6 people are doing...are they really friggin' sick? Is one of them going to die?
Sure would like Channel 10 to do a story on this, but I'm guessing that there is nothing much exciting to relate.
It does seem frustrating, but every wide scale outbreak which overwhelmed a health system started with 1 or 2 patients. If the level of underlying positive cases circulating in the community isn’t stamped out by the time winter comes around they’ll increase exponentially.

Of course immunisation stops that. The government needs to ensure all workers within 50m of a potential Covid case are fully vaccinated at the earliest opportunity.

The more vaccinations the less strict precautions will need to be. As pilots the best we can do is get vaccinated and then become braggarts. Tell everyone we know we got vaccinated and encourage them to do the same, show it’s safe, quick and free. It’s the only way this lockdown/closure/isolation cycle will end.