PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reciprocal agreement with the EU on the transfer of UK CAA Flight Crew Licences.
Old 29th Mar 2021, 21:39
rogue leader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bones, thank you for the reply.

If you know how a UK CPL holder (former UK EASA CPL holder) who meets all the other EASA requirements for issue of an ATPL to a 3rd country applicant can use their 14 EASA exam passes taken in the UK by 31/12/20 I would be very interested.

There are flying jobs in Ireland which don't require unrestricted right to live and work in the EU, but do require an EASA licence - Banana Joe's suggestion of a validation is a more difficult and short term solution.

Ryanair will accept applications from UK passport holders to work on the UK AOC, but only if they have an EASA licence.

Recognition applies to any holders (of any nationality or citizenship) of current EASA licences issued by any EASA state up to and including 31/12/20, unless you applied to SOLI transfer out of the UK by that date, in which case it applies to EASA licences issued up to and including 31/3/21.

The EASA to UK pathway is open from 1/4/21 to anyone (of any nationality or citizenship) who currently holds an EASA licence issued by any EASA state up to and including 31/12/20, unless you applied to SOLI out of the UK by that date, in which case there is no restriction on issue date.

I'm suggesting reciprocation, so a system for those who completed all the EASA theoretical and practical training in the UK, and were issued an EASA licence by the UK CAA (valid for life at time of issue) prior to us leaving the EU. Since 1/1/21 we are no longer in EASA so licences issued in the UK after that date are unfortunately no longer equivalent, and vice-versa.

EASA and the CAA may have been clear on their websites, but some of your fellow pilots have been instructed by their employers on what they could do. Others will have been unable to SOLI transfer out of the UK in order to retain their well earned EASA licence as if they had an LPC due at a UK employer between receiving their new EASA licence, and being able to apply for and receive their UK licence after 1/4/21, they would have needed an EASA licence TRE and sim/aircraft to do it in.

I thank the EU for offering to allow us to stay in EASA, and I wish we had, but there were certain legal and ideological ties that would have involved which were deemed unpalatable given the result of the democratic process, so a political decision was made. This should not interfere with legitimate, reasonable and perfectly sensible agreements being made for the benefit of UK and EU citizen aircrew moving forward.

https://info.caa.co.uk/uk-eu-transit...ercial-pilots/

Last edited by rogue leader; 29th Mar 2021 at 21:58.