PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 29th Mar 2021, 19:36
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glofish

what EK did could have been done in a far better way
EK according to the reports is one of the richest companies (cash wise) and did only one thing, while Lufthansa is paying 80% of their salaries during the whole pandemic where pilots where doing 2 flights or less in 6 month, some of them are not even that close to flying while still getting a salary. Which was done with the state aid they received
just to make sure it’s Lufthansa Classic I am Talking about, while this does not count extacly on German wings, while these guys are know parked in Eurowings - so bottomline very few job losses their either - and for those are currently redundant they are preferred on rehire when times get better
was there a different approach which the me3 could have went - yes definitiv and it shows what the value of an expat is - this has nothing to do with the age or retirement age or what so ever
simple - good airlines in countries with some sort of rules managed the Desaster in terms of employees better than others and it’s a shame that a Country which constantly bragging how good they are Show off on the bad side of moral duties and I am sure that hiring a company to run a performance Matrix over the employees cost a fortune - but they rather payed that than investing in their employees to protect them -
and as you said the older ones in Swiss air had a retirement fund of a EK pilot can only dream off - but that’s also because these funds in Switzerland are by far more effektive than what EK offers
but whatever