PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2021, 12:33
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Oh yes, the only difference...

Except for not going to work unless essential, bars closed, cafes and restaurants take away only. No visits to friends. Cinemas closed. Gyms? Schools closed. Essential shopping only.

Just the same...
Tomorrow I can wake up and take my kids to daycare and school (my wage is as essential as the politicians). Afterwards I can go to my local coffee joint and grab a coffee. Then I might head to Target, because why not, it’s open. Then I’ll go to the farmers markets to grab a few things for the friends we’re having over for dinner. Might chuck a Bunnings visit in there as well.

No, that’s not what I’m actually going to do, but please tell me more about how having the city flee to other regions to escape the lockdown in a panic is a better result than simply mandating masks. I’ll be going about my normal life tomorrow with the addition of a mask.

“Essential” is a joke of a definition. Everyone will justify everything and no one will question it. Westfield Chermside will be open ffs. So why panic everyone with a “lock down” when you can achieve similar outcomes with less alarming language and measures.