PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 29th Mar 2021, 06:53
Pistolpete47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kungfu panda
Cant help but think that your assumption of poor decision making for someone who can't retire at 60 is coming from a place of substantial privilege. I started late to flying and used the first 10 years paying of the debt I incurred in my training. Managed to save a bit in the following years only to have to lose my job due to covid. I now have to support my family on an income a third of what I have before. With 20 years to your magical 60 number I don't have a hope in hell to have enough to retire on comfortably and will no doubt rely on the extra 5 years.

Don't generalize or paint everyone with the same brush. It only makes you look like an idiot. If someone wants to continue working after 60 then best luck to them. I would much rather sit next to them in the flight deck then you. I'm sure they have way better stories compared to listening to you talk about your amazing financial spreadsheets.