PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 28th Mar 2021, 19:10
DaveSpart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all those who recently have been invited/accepted interviews for the new cadet scheme, Congratulations! You kept your knowledge and skills through these tough/trying times and that is something to be proud of!

However, I wouldn't forgive myself if I din't leave a warning here, noting it will probably go to waste in the non stop circle jerk of "the dream job".
I fully understand that in the current climate you want to take any job offer, let alone to operate a 737, but please, be very cautious of what you get in to.

Why would RYR hire cadets when the full pilot body has signed for a 4 year significant pay cut (20%) due to lack in demand?
Why would they hire cadets when there is a very large supply or rated guys and gals available tomorrow?

RYR is using the type rating scheme as a quick means of extra revenue. 30k for a type rating while it cost them well below 20k. Now I hear you saying already, "well at least then we have a job that pays well and move on etc." keep dreaming, regardless of how the recruitment team present this: there is no guaranteed job offer connected to the training contract. The only thing you will get for your 30k is learn how to press Vnav, take some base training pictures for the gram and be on your way to unemployment (exciting).

And say even if you do somehow end up flying on the line be prepared for a very disappointing reality check, the job is not the glamour the instagram "influencers" make it out to be. They would hype up a job as a garbage collector to random people online to compensate for their lack of self worth. You will join a company that is brutal to its employees to the point where they will close a base meaning the entire workforce & their families have to move just to prove a point. The money will be a half of what they "promise" when you sign on, and I will bet you a 10er you will not get a base even in the same country as you would like (or even the same company for that matter), Bucharest here we come!

Sorry to bring such a negative rant, but having been in this company for a couple of years I truly wish I listened to the advice from people who were/are RYR and who told me to stay far, far away. There are still descent employers out there, but they are quickly disappearing when companies who profit on P2f schemes do so well.

Good luck to you wether you pursue this route or not, things will hopefully turn around at some stage, and if not, plenty of well paying jobs outside of aviation where you don't need to wake up at 04:00 5 days in a row.

regards,
A worn out VNAV presser.

Last edited by DaveSpart; 27th May 2021 at 13:57.