PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 28th Mar 2021, 05:52
iggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kungfu panda

So now you need an excuse to keep bringing on to the table a whole life of skills, experience, and wisdom? My god...

I'm one of those 45.years old pilots with a family to feed and, if nothing improves in the coming months, I'll be going under the wheels myself, which means financial obliteration. I'm certainly not the first and won't be the last case to suffer it in this pandemic, c'est la vie. But it hasn't crossed my mind that someone in his/her sixties should quit just to make room for me. Those old guys made aviation what it is today, trained me, and made me the professional I am. Granted, there is always the odd bitter old fart (not looking at anyone here), but apart from that, everyone I know who is about to retire contributes to aviation way more than I do through the factors stated above, and I hope I can do the same when my time comes.

It is just plain sad that you don't see yourself as having more added value, I feel sorry for you.