PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 28th Mar 2021, 01:01
wheels_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got nervous when basics like (a) change your booking online, has been out of service since mid December (It’s nearly April for Christ sake), and (b) online check-in, did not work from the get go so they sidelined that for the moment. These are just everyday basics that no airline should go without for days left alone nearly 4 months.

I still think they would be better going after the Tiger share and bringing in things like carry on only (cheaper fares), and ‘big seat up front’ sort of product like Sprit in the states.

Jetstar (now Virgin) are now sending in more machines from Japan and Singapore, also which further dilutes whatever revenue Rex wanted.

I still don’t know what share of the revenue market they are actually taking. Jetstar are pretty clear they want that Tiger share, and are sending in the equipment to cover that. Virgin looking at a lite model fare bucket like Delta, in both cabins, to again, take that revenue, which further squeezes Rex.

They also had 6 months to setup some form of basic FF program, now faced with these double credit promos from the other two and points being thrown around everywhere.

To get any form of scale and return on such big investment they need 20-30 aircraft. They acknowledge that having said it many times, but that’s billions of expected revenue with no clear pathway to it.