PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - no food in economy.
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2021, 23:00
Superman1

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyer517
And having travelled many years for business for quite a few different companies, they rarely if ever spring for business class seats. It is always economy and the cheapest, most inflexible fare.

The very large company I presently work for stipulates that you must fly economy, for the cheapest possible fare at all times, irrespective of airline or how ungodly that hour might be. Only the C suite get to travel business or better.

If you try and book a flight and the system detects you could have flown cheaper, your 2-up manager gets an alert and you have to explain yourself to them and it always gets rejected and you have to rebook.

This is the same for most if not all of my colleagues and friends who work for other large corporates in Australia, so I am not alone.

So yes, being able to eat onboard when it is the only down time you have all day has its attractions, regardless of how mediocre that food might be..
Your ruining this forum where pilots gets to proclaim they are the most hard done by underpaid employees in the world and management are the evil ones who only target them to be screwed over!

Please dont let the truth get in the way of a good story.