PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Decline in pilots pre Covid
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2021, 10:08
retired guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young Paul.
You don't sound that young with 25 years under the belt! Could be 45 + I guess which is young by me standards. If you are being trained this way then you are one of the lucky ones I would hazard and I am keen to know which aircraft you fly and whereabouts? Look at the recent spate of LOC accidents (aka fatal crashes, or total hull losses with minimal fatalities =luck) and you will see that planes are being lost when there is little wrong with them. Examples of nothing wrong , and there are many, are SFO 777, Dubai 777, Thompson 737 GA at BOH, PIA Karachi was a combination of nothing wrong followed by a lot wrong. Klasair Madrid recently unable to fly the patterns without the AFDS AP system.
Something wrong would be where some failure is not dealt with in the correct manner leading to loss of the aircraft. Examples so "something wrong", mishandled, would be of course Turkish AMS, AF 447 and various 737 LOC , where the planes had a minor ADI issue and the pilots lost control. There are so many we don't have space here to list them but, your training would appear to be of a calibre which is right up there with the best. Well done to your Flight Training Manager and CEO who obviously sees the value in correct training. This is really good news that. Ps I heard that Emirates has increased training to 6 days per annum v the usual 4. Many airlines have gone to 3 days per annum which is in my view inadequate to cover mandatory training/Checking and then covering the large range fo scenarios that might occur in line flying.