PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ladies in the sky
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2021, 07:27
TinFoilhat2

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Female aviators

Originally Posted by dr dre
What evidence do you have to back up that statement?
The very fact there is a quota system is all the evidence you need. You stated you have flown with sub standard male pilots, well so have I. You also stated earlier all the women you flew with were basically top notch ace pilots, I call BS on that as a statistical improbability.

I also have flown with some great female aviators and some that should not be allowed to operate a toaster let alone a passenger jet. There is nothing misogynistic or sexist in that, it is simply an observable fact that many a TRI/TRE around the world will agree with as they have seen the same thing..

You are clearly some sort of feminist and that's fine but please stop with denying there have been some shocking female pilots because its just not true. I am the father of a daughter and I encourage her to chase her dreams as often as possible but I also am realistic with her, I let her know she is dealing with other peoples lives in things like aviation, medicine, engineering etc. and she has to meet the standards required to be successful in these fields, not to expect a hand out because she is female. I want her knowing when she gets to where she is going she can confidently say she absolutely earned it on her own merits.

I agree it would be great to see a 50% representation of women in all fields including engineering, baggage handling, tug driver, pilot, board members etc. but lets not kid ourselves, positive discrimination or a quota system was designed to discriminate against mainly 'White men' who dominate these industries.

Another point of interest is young men today are paying for the sins of the father and the old AN boys club or Qantas boys club. How fair is that? Why should a 20 year old kid today be punished because of so called past injustices. Dont even try to justify that because there is no good answer for that, merit is the only yard stick that should be used to measure the success of these candidates regardless of what happened in the past.

The fact that there are just not as many women interested in aviation (that is a fact by the way) does not seem to matter to these clowns in charge who will do anything for even representation but also as another poster pointed out, it only seems to apply in the 'Glory Jobs' never plumbers, street sweepers, car mechanics etc.

On top of that if you are also saying that current representation is about 5% and about 5% of applicants are women well then that is a 100% success rate on hiring, again absolute BS to suggest every woman hired as a pilot has 'Met the Grade', I call absolute BS on that one also because I have seen it first hand. There have been some very good ones and some very bad ones.

I just dont believe every woman you have flown with is that good, more like your feminist credentials kicking in here or you have only ever flown with 1 or 2 women. I am all for women in aviation, just drop the quota or positive discrimination nonsense and go for a job and achieve it on merit otherwise do not expect the support and respect of your peers.