PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - no food in economy.
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2021, 11:55
unexplained blip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
Correct me if I'm mistaken but wasn't pay-for-food the catering model that Virgin had for the back of the bus back in the good old days when they actually made money.
As SLF who flew VA domestically from the Blue days onwards enough to keep a good FF status for many years: they seemed to me to be adjusting the catering model every few months. Good riddance to the pitiful offering in the year or so pre-COVID -- e.g., a tiny pack of three crackers and a micro-sized dip -- it achieved nil except annoyance value, and it was truly embarrassing for the company. My own preference was for the old VB days. If you wanted food there was a reasonable sanga and a drink for $10 or so. Otherwise they left you alone, with (IIRC) just one fairly cheery announcement before takeoff then they'd STFU for the rest of the flight. Latter day VA was as bad as QF with the pointless chatter but at least QF didn't seek to fake full service with a 25g pack of nothingness.

So to me it's good news that they might revert to their old ways (and which might have been more profitable too)