PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ladies in the sky
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2021, 05:41
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
Ahh yes, the old “Ansett Club”. What’s that? You want to join our company but you’ll be down the bottom of the seniority list as an FO for 10 years? No problem, we’ll just create a new position within flight ops management for you and you’ll be a captain.

Make, female, whatever happened to just being a human and getting on with the job irrespective of what sex (or persuasion) you are? Honestly, if I were in charge of recruiting, I wouldn’t give 2 ***** if you’re male or female, capability is where it should be.
Trust me it’s no joke. Being part of recruitment at a previous operator, I rejected one and said yes to another. The rejection had a sook to my boss who he knew from waaaay back as he told me multiple times in the interview, and ended up getting a free pass in. I wasn’t impressed and they understood that and they never rostered me on with that person. I’m ex AN but over that culture.

I hired on ability and attitude. I couldn’t give a rats who you knew in the place. Most successful with myself were all just humans and sat in the 30-40 year bracket.