PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2021, 00:58
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't being patronising, the terminology is relatively new to common usage, and regarding brand, it's like sex/gender and weight/mass, they're easy to conflate. IAG OpCos are BA/ Iberia (+ Air Europa) /Aer Lingus /Vueling.... Level am not 100% on as they have a French and Austrian AOC as well as Spanish A330s operated by Iberia. The BA brand encompasses ComAir, SunAir as franchisees as well as BA CityFlyer as a subsidiary. As well as the independent Stobart using the Aer Lingus brand, Air Nostrom use Iberia's!

It should be possible for Aer Lingus to fly long haul out of MAN even if BA object, but going forward I suspect that there will be a conversation at IAG level about Aer Lingus hurting BA feed to US long haul if they make a success of it, which I truly hope they do. It depends how badly both are hurting given I think this summer will be a write off as well. But in terms of what's better for MAN, it's Aer Lingus non stop of course, but I support the option of the many other MAN-LHR-JFK options per day once we get flying again. I really want MAN to succeed, just not at the expense of friends and colleagues who are in a very bad place.

Last edited by Skipness One Foxtrot; 25th Mar 2021 at 01:11.