PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain from Bizzjet to Airline
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2021, 16:30
Dread Pilot Roberts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably tougher to go from airlines to corporate, I know a few corporate Chief Pilots who don't look at airline pilot resumes.
There is a this view out there that airline pilots generally can't handle the on call and last minute changes, "extra duties" etc.

I have first hand knowledge of a airline pilot who my operation hired, when he was being shown where to brew the coffee and grab the catering he replied "I don't do that" the CP thought he was joking and laughed and then the guy said "No I was hired to fly not be a flight attendant"
He was walked to the front door and I witness the chief shake his hand and said "I'm sorry this isn't going to work out, thank you for your time good luck".
The look on his face was a stunned 1000 mile stare.

I'm not saying that is fact of course it depends on the pilots background. I knew a few who went airlines and came running back a year or so later and others who hated corporate.

It all depends on the operation, there are good corporate gigs and bad just like airlines, but as others have stated depends on the market.