PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best IFR planning software for pilot students
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 15:51
math341c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best IFR planning software for pilot students

Hello dear folks. I am a student pilot taking the full ATPL course. And now I am finishing soon my PPL/VFR flights, so I can begin with my instrument rating.

For now, I have used a nice software called SKY DEMON to plan my VFR flights, I am happy with the software, and has really helped with my VFR flying, but now I am about to take the next exciting step, which is IFR Flying

I have tried to look through the forums and a bit of google, but I cannot find any software which has a realistic price for students.

I am looking for a similar software as SKY DEMON, but just for IFR flying. I want to be able to plan my IFR with software which have the latest updated charts I need for my flights at any time and that I can print them at any time. Software that works well on both PC (Windows) and Ipad.

Is there any software which has some realistic price for students? maybe some special editions for students? I only need charts for northern Europe and for low altitude waypoints, as I have no plans to fly very long routes

I see forward to hear some nice ideas. Thanks in advance!