PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - St Lucia helicopters
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2021, 14:10
crunchingnumbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew Alex and Barry from St Lucia.

Really sorry to hear about Alex - he was a good fella and it was sad to see the obituary which bought back memories of times now past. Very sad indeed and a reminder that we are all getting older. On the other hand I'm glad to hear that St Lucia Helicopters is still going despite the hit on tourism - good for your Barry.

Any helicopter company that has made it in the Caribbean, flying safely for 30 yrs must be doing something right and I can speak from a point of experience. No pilot is perfect on every flight and no pilot makes the best decisions every single time though out their career.. One transfer at an altitude (I wouldn't fly at today) doesn't represent the company.. Wide mouth frog - I hope you shared your wisdom and perhaps used it as an opportunity to introduce yourself and share a teaching moment for a pilot who may have learned why his flight profile wasn't the best choice. Every one of us owes our fellow pilots the benefit of any knowledge we can share about our profession - it is then up to them to benefit from it.. Tossing belated views out on a forum to demonstrate how mighty you felt, doesn't help anyone. Pay forward instead.