PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russia ‘jamming signals’ at RAF Cyprus base
Old 20th Mar 2021, 11:47
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Two's in
If you haven't heard of Erik Prince and Blackwater, you might be unaware that the US leads the field in unaccountable, untraceable private armies working for the Government.

P.S. So the Russians doing what they have been doing since the Cold War started - real news flash stuff. Somebody should be giving them an Industry award for providing field test conditions for COMSEC and Tempest evaluation.
Agreed! Hence my "Contras" comment! I guess the topic for the discussion would be how "mainstream" such links by Governments to such organisations are? How much do such links form part of "official daily State administration" and who it's supposed to help? I suspect even the assembled wisdom of the all PPRuNers, if harnessed as one, could not answer that. So much is hidden - on both sides. And the motives so nebulous!

And, re the Thread Topic, as you suggest, the Russians are probably giving the systems a far better workout than any Tempest Test van ever did! It was always an easy (for that, read "slow") day when the van appeared and I was told to help out. Fine if it was sunny and one could take it easy on the grass while the Team did their stuff ........ Happy daze!