PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaccine Passports
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2021, 10:30
Peter47

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The current passport has chips that contain information. Can anyone tell me if there would be space to include vaccination data which would make the whole process seemless. As mentioned one approach would be to have an ESTA approach with proof of vaccine required when applying. This obviously needs the co-operation of the administration issuing the passport and the ESTA would ideally be valid for all countries (some chance of that happening I know). The advantage is that it would be far harder to counterfeit and simple at passport control. although again the issuing of ESTAs would require the co-operation of the issuing nation.

I don't have a smartphone and requiring me to acquire one would in effect be a hefty tax. There are computer sceptics like me who struggle with computers, for example by forgetting to turn off autoplay functions and getting two things playing at once (and then closing the wrong window). How do I stop unwanted e-mails? Then I find that computers are always updating at the wrong time - if I were to turn my phone one I would probably see see system updating in the passport queue.. Yes I am sure that a competent teenage could sort things out in no time at all but I am not of that demographic. Rant over!