PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nuclear Response to Cyber Attack
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2021, 10:42
mahogany bob

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Nuclear Response to Cyber Attack

NUCLEAR RESPONSE TO CYBER ATTACK

The risk of a 'mankind ending ' Nuclear War appears to have risen recently with the threat of a 'limited' nuclear response to a cyber attack!!

WOW am I right to be seriously scared for the future of us all?

THOUGHTS AND SOLUTIONS

1. Difficulty in knowing whether the cyber attack came from a teenage super-brain or a world superpower?
2. No such thing as a limited nuclear response - as soon as one has been detonated the games on for total destruction!
3. The proposed large increase in our nuclear arsenal sends all the wrong signals! Surely 180 odd weapons is enough to deter a potential aggressor?
4. The SOLUTION is to double/treble our efforts to get all the countries with nuclear weapons around a table and TALK TALK TALK until a reasonable way forward is agreed - if necessary in a locked hangar with compo rations and not allowed out until progress has been made! - before it is too late.Look to the future not the acrimonious past!
5. My -forlorn - hope was that the global pandemic would serve to unite nations against the common threat! Recriminations help no-one!

NAIVE -yes but has anyone got a better solution?

PS I flew Vulcans in the sixties and was and am totally in favour of the nuclear deterrent - you can't uninvent nuclear bombs!