PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2021, 07:44
Indrapoera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SunchaserMIA
Guys,

I just jumped back into this forum after quite a long time because I have a specific question regarding CV as I am about to consider an offer.
How is current staff travel for ground staff (corporate office) in reality? I know that agreements with PAX airlines are very limited but that there is the possibility to travel on the freighters.
However, how is staff travel on the freighters working in practice? How are the chances of being offloaded, are there a lot of restrictions and embargos etc.? I am usually quite flexible and willing to take strange routings, but I need to know how well this works.

I am asking because I am coming from a large European passenger carrier and this is a considerable benefit for me as I have family abroad. So it's quite a significant thing to consider. I have some friends at other cargo airlines where it works quite well, but as it seems, the rules and regulations vary quite a lot between carriers.

Thanks for any input!
Hi,
To be brief; you can forget about traveling on CV freighters. After a SAFA inspection in France a few years back PAX travel was banned on CV aircraft when "cargo aircraft only" freight is carried, which - as you can imagine - applies to most of our flights... Plenty of rumours about this restriction being lifted, but till now nothing concreet. Good luck.