PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow before the Europa terminal and Queens building
Old 17th Mar 2021, 14:49
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
The Green Man at Hatton cross was indeed a good place for inbounds but you couldn't see the departures from the other side of the airport and Iwas too young to be on 'licensed premises' so it was the Cains lane A 30 junction for me. Another pub with good views on the right day (ie wind in right direction) was the Rising Sun at the end of Oaks Raod in Stanwell , cross the bridge over the two rivers and you are in the airport but the Cargo centre damaged the views when it came along

Brian Stainer I do remember , I think he had a bad leg and limp IIRC but he would stop by that junction for a chat with some of the more veteran spotters of that group. For some reason I think he had a red Del Boy style vehicle but that was an awfully long time ago. I know he was a keen and commercial photographer though and a good source of info on what might be around on the airfields local to LHR like Denham, Northolt, Fairoaks etc