PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATPL job prospects
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2021, 14:21
RedDragonFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only sensible advice anyone can give is to get a licence for where you have the legal right to live and work. As it's only the UK in your case, the UK CAA is what you should choose.

I know several Brits who are half way through the ATPLs who have decided to finish doing both UK and Austro ATPL exams. Not something I fancy tbh. They've also been assured by a few different ATOs that they will be able to do their UK and EASA CPL/IR training and skills tests with one school in one country as those ATOs say they have/ will have both UK and EASA approvals. I'm not sure about this though. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will confirm.

clarkeysntfc

Undoubtedly they will have to, though, isn't the issue with Ryanair that there vast majority of their UK routes are UK-EU? They only need G reg aircraft for domestic routes and for UK-non-EU routes so it's quite feasible that they will keep the majority of their UK fleet on the EI/SP/9H registers. It will also depend what the CAA will let them get away with in terms of Ryanair UK effectively wet leasing non G reg aircraft.