PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 17th Mar 2021, 06:16
jakessalvage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I don't agree with your description of Mr White, I'm surprised there isn't more information on this topic available under FOI to support your position. It's possible Mr White not only responded to the Ballarat Aero Club but also challenged the status quo daring to suggest CASAs legal boffins had erred in their interpretation of the legislation. Believe it or not outcome based legislation is intended to allow organisations to develop systems and processes to operate effectively in manner that demonstrates safety standards are upheld, even if the method you do this is not prescribed by the legislation. The inability of CASA staff with bipolar views on compliance to grasp outcome based legislation is a root cause of the plethora of regulations that are contrary to the intent of the philosophy. Add in biases that arise when someone like yourself creates an operating model that CASA experts hadn't thought of and the outcome is very emotional. I'm not sure what the correct term for organisational emotional intellect is but I would guess someone could write a thesis on CASAs shortcomings in this area.