PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chop tail off in the hover??
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2021, 21:34
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
But I've only been flying and teaching confined area ops for 38 years day, night and NVD in singles and twins so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.
And a few people who fly Robinsons are telling you what the industry teaches about flying Robinsons. The whole industry, pretty much. They can't all be wrong. Or even substantially incomplete. Or not know what they are talking about. There might even be more than one way to skin a cat. It might be safer to look at MP margins at Vy than try to come to an OGE hover if conditions don't allow it.

These differences in methodology may be a mil vs civ thing, or even a UK mil vs USA civ thing. Or an R44 vs. big turbine thing. Or some combination of the above.

I've never had an ex. mil. instructor. Only 200-500 hour civilian-only CFIs, one 2000 hour civilian-only CFI, and one 10,000+ hour civilian-only CFI. All of whom evolved in the Robinson-based training ecosystem. They can't all be wrong.

It's not going to happen, but it would be very, very interesting to know what your feedback would be if you jumped into an R44 for 10 hours or so to observe the performance of the design first-hand, and also to observe the performance of the instruction available to you first hand.