PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grade 3 Instructor with $120,000 debt. Driving street sweepers...
Old 16th Mar 2021, 01:15
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
It was mine. I self-deleted it as I thought I could do a bit better without the attempt at being funny regarding the suggestions to "get an MR ticket" etc. Probably would have been better to edit it, as at least that wouldn't have confused the topic reply notification emails though!

(Almost) reproduced below:

Originally Posted by Global Aviator
If it takes professional counselling to achieve this, then do it. There is no shame in assisting your mental health. I am not ashamed to admit I have talked to a mental health professional in the past.
Without a doubt that is the single best bit of advice I've seen given on PPRuNe in many years.

As someone who gave up flying for a career to pursue another passion, it took another, external, view to make me see it wasn't the end of the world. As it turned out, the new career has given me the opportunity to build an RV-9 that I now fly for fun. I've since used the services of professional psychs and the company Employee Assistance Programs a couple of times over the years. I'm not advocating you pull the pin, but rather don't be afraid or ashamed to ask for help if you need it, to get you in the right headspace.

You're not the first, and won't be the last either.