PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fresh Grade 3 Instructor with $120,000 debt. Driving street sweepers...
Old 15th Mar 2021, 20:00
tail wheel

Received 198 Likes on 110 Posts
We would normally move this post to the "Newbie and Flying Training Advice" thread and it is a repetitious subject, having previously been aired dozens of times in recent years. There is also a similar thread active in this forum in respect to "going north seeking employment". I suspect in general that too may be a futile solution in the current employment market.

In the current pilot employment market, there is no solution to driftking92's dilemma. The GA industry has been progressively destroyed over many years, removing the best training ground for newly graduated CPLs. The Covid pandemic, with so many highly qualified and experienced airline pilots on stand down, furlough or leave without pay, will deny employment and career avenues to most newly graduated CPL's for many years.

I seriously doubt any here can make constructive aviation related suggestions to driftking92, however I am hoping that other hopeful wannabes will read this thread and not be sucked in by the ludicrous assurances being given by some (but not all) flying training establishments. Obtain an assurance of some type of Instructor employment post course completion, or go elsewhere.

The cold, hard facts are that there are negligible jobs available to fresh CPL graduates, a situation which is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.