PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO needs help from pilots: performance data
Old 15th Mar 2021, 19:06
twhizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey FlightDetentent,

thank you for your response and your comments!
I do get your point. From my working experience I know that speed is often tied to some kind of negotation-game what you are willing to give me ;-) And I am aware that many of the numbers are not the absolute truth, depending on many variables. I tried, as good as I can, to include this awareness in the way I phrased the questionnaire. I could have done better most probably.
As I tried to explain in my original posting, I just try to grab a collection of data that helps trainees starting out to get a feeling of what different aircraft types are roughly capable of doing. They do, of course, get complimentary explanation to the numbers, like possible limiting factors and how different circumstances can affect performance limits. I do this completely unsalaried in my free time, just because I really see the trainees struggle a lot on simulator training with these kind of things. The environment is different than in real life: the simulator pilots cannot retrieve actual possible speeds from the system, as there is no computer that calculates green dot speed or other performance numbers for each aircraft. It's an ATC simulator ;-) I would really like to support them by giving them a table containing a visually compelling comparison of performance data of different aircraft types with color scales (green - orange - red) that indicate that some speeds might not be possible under some circumstances. In order to better understand, I wanted to attached I screenshot from what I got so far (which is not a lot and not everything confirmed, unfortunately). Unfortunately that is not possible with my little number of postings here.

Last edited by twhizzle; 17th Mar 2021 at 20:40.