PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 15th Mar 2021, 10:22
PapaMike737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,

quick feedback of my assessment in Bergamo!We got East Midlands RWY 27 TNT2N Departure, plenty of time to brief your colleague before and the charts they are using are navtech plates.

For the takeoff profile, they dont want you to touch the thrust levers neither as PF or PM and let the autothrust do its thing.

Also they want very short briefings, they didn’t even want an emergency briefing and all checklists are done by the assessor, they just want to see that the candidate is thinking about them.

After takeoff follow the FD bars, at 1500 AGL climb thrust, 3000 AGL Bug up. When established on radial FD off and some airwork which consisted of: 45° turns, acceleration to 280 kts and decelarating back to 220, turns combined with decents/climbs and decents with steady fpm in our case 700 fpm. At some point he told my PM that he has control and I had to tell him where we are regarding to the EME NDB. He also wanted to know what kind of entry I would fly on the current QDM for a holding.

Then we were intercepting QDM/QDRs and the cabin called me that there is a passenger who is not responding to anything.

I told him that he should look for an doctor and call me back if there are any news.

He did after a minute and told me there is no doctor and that the passenger looks like he is dead.

I handed my controls to my PM and did a quick FORDEC.

After that I gave a PAN PAN to ATC and requested immediate landing and what time we can expect for landing.

Then I briefed the cabin with a NITS briefing.

The assessor told us at that stage that the emergency is over and he will reposition us for ILS 27 and give us vectors. Meanwhile I tuned the navaids and briefed for the approach.

I configured the plane early for landing with flaps 5 and speed 170 knots.

I was a little bit low at the end on the glide but everything in the limits.

They also briefed us in the morning in case of getting a small deviation like more than 1000 fpm or below/above 1 Dot deflection not to go around immediately if there is a trend of correcting.

For the interview:

HR : All in all the questions were very specific and can’t be generalized.

Also how I would manage a bad decision of a captain.

Technical interview was very hard for me.

He asked a lot about flightplanning:
  • Fuel calculations: what is included (Trip, Final Reserve, Alternate, Contingency)
  • ETOPS
  • Does Ryanairs Boeings do have ETOPS?
  • How much Boeings does Ryanair have?
  • What is Fog? And how does it form? What kinds?
  • What is TEM? (if I remember correctly, I didnt know what he mean)
  • 1x Calculation for pressure altitude which was really easy: 260 ft altitude on qnh 1005 what is pressure altitude? Answer: 500 ft
  • What is a sea breeze and what to expect during approach?
  • Swept wings : Advantages/disadvantages and how does it work?
  • Differences between MAX/NG
That's what I still remember.

Be calm, don't rush things, they will give you time for everything!
This was the fairest interview and assessment I've ever had.

I wish everyone who is considering this route best of luck!