PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blind following of flight directors yet again
Old 14th Mar 2021, 07:39
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FlightDetent,

I agree with you that the commander decision plays a big role in many accidents.
I should have been more precise and said: '' IMHO, those pilots flying exclusively with automation are the one....''
I can not prove it but I would put money on it that in all these accidents where the hand flying skills have been a factor, those pilots did not fly raw data in a regular basis. I mean when was the last time we heard an accident and the pilots were flying raw data?
I can only take my outfit as an example where the most serious incidents, hard landings, or the failure to upgrade as commander are most of the time pilots who never fly raw data in line. I only know one case where a pilot who basically flies raw data every sector who was called in the office for over banking. But again flying raw data every sector...looking for trouble. Same as flying with AP all the time is looking for trouble. There is a place and time for everything.

Last edited by pineteam; 14th Mar 2021 at 10:40. Reason: Typo