PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vaccine Passports
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2021, 13:06
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zed3
As I don't and will not, do mobiles as many others of the same ilk, there has to be another solution. I spent 42 years in The Netherlands and had a yellow Vaccination Book (Inentingsbewijs) where all my jabs were recorded... Cholera, Yellow Fever... etc. I kept it in my travel bag and still do. All this talk of invasion of privacy in the UK is rubbish. It's the perfect solution and where is there an invasion? My solution would be an NHS card with all this on it... proof that one has paid one's dues and is entitled to free health care in the UK. It's no invasion of privacy and would be very useful and would save the NHS millions. However 'they' would make so complicated the Health Care budget would have to rise accordingly and even then it wouldn't work! Back to square one.
I agree. I've been online at home since the 1990s in the days of AOL Dial-Up but always via a desktop computer; neither my wife nor I has a smart phone nor any wish to get one. I have an old pay-as-you-go 'ordinary' mobile phone (ie no internet capability) which is only ever switched on when in the car in case of breakdown or accident, or when I'm walking in remote parts of the country.

if a digital system is the only way that people will be allowed to travel that will prevent a significant number of mainly elderly people doing so.

I know elderly people who don't participate in the digital age and in all honesty some would not be able to learn how to. They manage to travel through the good offices of relatives or friends who book flights/holidays for them online and print out boarding passes.

There seems to be a perception in our society that everyone has access to the internet which is not the case at all.

What happens if you turn up at an airport and find your smartphone has malfunctioned?