PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 11th Mar 2021, 11:31
WHBM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by treadigraph
Biggin airways departures usually head east until they can be cleared to climb - he's heading NNW now.

Is City open at the moment? I know plans were in place to extend the taxiway full length and the ramp was being extended further over the dock (one of the jobs we were working on when our parent company crashed ) - just wondered if while it's quiet they have the opportunity to do some work which would clash with runway ops .
One for me I guess.

City has been open all along, but is down to one or two flights a day, plus the occasional business jet. Strangely the most consistent is a LOT E190 to Vilnius in Lithuania every evening. BA just seem to operate on certain days, to Belfast and to Frankfurt. There are about six BA Embraers there at the moment, the rest being mostly at Norwich, some seem to be in use, others not to have moved since Christmas. The ramp and taxyway works were mostly completed, and seem to have carried on, including overnight (I presume, by some of the distant engineering noises floating over). Ground support equipment still gets aired each day. I gather most of the staff were let go rather than just furloughed.