PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC LLC purchases Babcock
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2021, 07:49
PPI Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiNedNZ
Its not like I really give a ****e what you think
Yes Ned. I apologise. I was half a bottle in and a mite trigger happy with the submit button. What I should have said was that...'...it's total bllcks like the conjecture postulated in the original post.'

You have to understand that those in the NNS helicopter industry are very bruised by six or seven years of austerity caused by OPEC's attempt to put the fracking industry out of business and prevent the USA from becoming petrochemical self-sufficient. They have all faced multiple rounds of redundancy. They have all faced slashing of their Ts&Cs. They have all faced the stark realisation that the kids' education, the mortgage, the car, the comfortable pension after retirement and everything else might disappear up in smoke because, despite the rise in wholesale oil prices and the price at the pumps going up, the oil companies are not telegraphing the margins on to any of their suppliers. Some have been made redundant and have never recovered. The oil companies continue to favour the markets and the shareholders and the dividends over investment. Topics like this that postulate yet another train wreck of jobs in Aberdeen with nothing more than a 'I heard it in the pub' basis are like drinking another cup of cold sick.