PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government's $1.2 billion 'ticket to recovery' offers 800,000 half-price airfares
Old 10th Mar 2021, 21:57
Fonz121

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Agreed. It’s a huge effing joke and shows how the Pollies in their Can’tberra bubble are totally disconnected from reality. Cheaper airfares? Yeah right, for who? For people who have lost their businesses, barely eeking out an existence on unemployment benefits, lost their homes? These jerks in Can’tberra are acting like COVID doesn’t exist and never did. Everything is normal. Then, as has been mentioned, why would you invest your precious few pennies in a planned holiday when morons like Politicians threaten to shut borders when a fragment of old COVID is found in a Pensioners turd in a sewerage treatment plant, or the local school headmaster sneezes or heaven forbid some pre-school kid catches knits!!!! Quick quick shut Australia down. Absolute jerkoffs who have no idea whatsoever.
As unfortunate as it is, I think we’re the ones in the bubble now. The vast majority of the population seem to be going great guns and us aviation and tourism folk are the only ones feeling like there’s an actual pandemic going on.

I initially thought this was a pretty poorly conceived idea, but naming actual tourist hotspots (sorry for the dirty word) in every state and territory that will directly benefit from this is probably a smart way to put pressure on state governments to think more carefully about flippantly closing borders. I guess we’ll soon see how popular it is with uptake.